DigitalOcean (since 0.0.6)¶
DigitalOcean (DO) is a low cost VM provider with various services.
The configuration does as follows:
connection-name: type: digitalocean apiToken: "" spacesKey: "" spacesSecret: ""
apiToken is used to interact with the regular API, while
spacesSecret are used to interact with
the object storage called "spaces".
The DO provider currently supports the following rules:
DigitalOcean has a couple of non-trivial quirks. This section serves to document them for the future. Keep in mind that these are anecdotal notes and may / may no longer apply.
Object storage quirks¶
- The object storage implementation does not accept object names starting with a slash (
putObject. Objects must be specified without a starting slash.
- The object storage requires the content type and content length to be specified for
putObject, otherwise a bad request error will be returned with no further explanation.
- At least one firewall rule must be supplied when a firewall is created. Firewalls with no rules in them are not allowed. However, a rule with no sources/destinations is valid. That's why a dummy firewall rule is supplied in tests.
- While firewall creation accepts
nullas a port value, the update does not. This causes issues when updating an existing rule.
- Even though the documentation states that
allis a valid value for ports, it is in fact not. The right value is